Graduate Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Under the medical direction/supervision of an Anesthesiologist,
administers general and regional anesthesia for all types of
surgical, obstetrical and other procedures that require anesthesia
services, to patients of various age groups including: neonatal,
pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric in accordance w/
hospital and departmental standards of care. Such intervention may
include, but not be limited to: airway management; maintenance of
fluid balance; homeostasis; monitoring; response to emergencies
related to airway management and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and
management of patients on ventilators. -Essential Functions:-
Administers anesthesia to all age groups.
- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of
Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures
(i.e., JCAHO, Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
- Evaluates patients pre-operatively by interviewing and examining
patient; reviews chart for relevant information.
- In collaboration with MD selects anesthetic for patient based on
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of
services to patients of each age group served: - neonatal,
pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative
- Evaluates patient's response to pre-medication.
- Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding special
concerns of patient.
- Checks anesthesia equipment daily and between cases to assure
safe operating condition.
- Prepares drugs for administration.
- Administers anesthesia in accordance with delineated clinical
privileges and any conditions or restrictions imposed thereof.
- Monitors the patient intraoperatively.
- Evaluates operative and post-operative condition of patient and
takes necessary action to maintain stability.
- Evaluates the patients postoperatively (within 24 hours).
- Maintains an accurate accounting of controlled substances in
accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Maintains equipment and supplies as outlined in department
policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations
when interacting w/ public, patients, staff and other
- May perform other duties within scope of licensure/certification
- Notes: Must be able to work within an Anesthesia team model, work
w/ MDA's, CRNA's and Anesthesia TECH's.Basic
Qualifications:Experience- N/A.Education- Graduate of an
educational program in Nurse Anesthesia accredited by the Council
on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs and
Schools.License, Certification, Registration- Valid BCLS card.-
Valid ACLS (American Heart Association).- PALS card where
required.- Valid and current California RN license.- CRNA eligible
and must achieve certification within five (5) months of date of
program completion to continue employment. - -Additional
Requirements:- New Graduate. Experience in anesthesia for major
procedures involving extensive monitoring and fluid, blood, and
electrolyte replacement for various age group patients.- GRNA's
must demonstrate both technical/clinical and professional skill and
ability along with all related techniques and procedures within the
scope of practice as defined by the State of California Department
of Consumer Affairs.- Additional skills are required in charting
and documentation, knowledge of equipment and supplies,
productivity, job and personal maturity communication, and
education and staff development. -Preferred Qualifications:-
General and Regional administration, deep sedation, Hemodynamic
monitoring, use of all Anesthesia related equipments, communication
skills and a team player.Job Schedule: Job Category: Nursing
Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Lake Havasu City , Graduate Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Healthcare , Fontana, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!