Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and challenging
opportunity for a Families FIRST Assessment Clinician. Working as
part of a team for the Terros Health's Families FIRST program. This
individual will impact the lives of families trying to overcome the
barrier of substance abuse in order to reach family reunification
and self-sufficiency. The Families FIRST program gives back to the
community by generously sponsoring vulnerable children and families
affiliated with all of our programs, in providing gifts for
children or other essential household items to positively impact
them during the holiday season. The individual will need to be
professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and
We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person,
providing primary care and specializing in mental health and
substance use treatment for the last 50 years. We help people live
their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading
Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and
Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Recently awarded among Arizona's Most Admired Companies in 2020
by AZ Big Media
Terros Health is now hiring for a Full-Time Families FIRST
This position is available throughout Northwest Arizona.
Behavioral Health Experience Preferred, New Grads Considered
Maintains Arizona Arizona License: LCSW, LPC, LISAC, LMSW, LAC,
LASAC or LMFT in Good Standing
Master's degree, i.e., MA, MC, MSW, in a Behavioral Health
Offering Excellent Salary
$ Bilingual Language Differential Pay Available!
The Arizona Families F.I.R.S.T. (AFF) Assessment Clinician works
closely with the Department of Child Safety (DCS) Specialist, the
Terros Health Service Team, and other collateral community contacts
to engage AFF referred clients. The engagement process includes
conducting a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment in order to
determine the diagnosis and individual treatment needs of the
The AFF Assessment Clinician may complete assessments for AFF
clients referred from any of the Terros Health-contracted regions,
including Maricopa East, Maricopa West, Northern and Southern
regions. The AFF Assessment Clinician participates in the
development of the Service Plan through the service team format,
which strives to effectively meet the patient's/family's needs and
aims to result in improve health outcomes.
This position is responsible for providing evidence-based,
therapeutic interventions which may include outpatient counseling
services for adults, children, adolescents, families, couples and
Assessment Clinician Duties Include:
- Prior to the assessment, reviews the DCS referral and
supplemental documents to gain insight about the family system from
DCS' perspective, including prior treatment attempts, child safety
threats related to substance use, and other barriers to
- Conducts a comprehensive biopsychosocial and ASAM Criteria
assessment to identify whether the patient requires treatment, and
if so, the treatment level of care and supportive services
necessary to meet the patient's needs.
- Requests additional information from the referring DCS/DES
Specialist if the determination from the assessment is that
substance use disorder treatment is not recommended.
- Coordinates with the Care Coordinator to make referral to an
appropriate facility, should the ASAM Criteria assessment indicates
a need for stabilization services (medical detoxification).
- Completes care coordination activities as needed with other
entities to ensure individual client needs are identified, included
in the assessment, and addressed in the Service Plan.
- Achieves designated performance measures, health quality
measures, health outcomes, related to the Triple Aim
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but
not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
- Must possess a Master's degree, i.e., MA, MC, MSW, in a
behavioral health field.
- Arizona behavioral health license (other than LBSW) or eligible
for Arizona license from Arizona Board of Behavioral Health
- Must have ability to perform first aid or cardiopulmonary
resuscitation as necessary and appropriate.
- Knowledge in use of Electronic Health Record. NextGen a
- Experience working with diverse populations and bilingual
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must pass background check in accordance with Terros Health and
DCS requirements which includes, but is not limited to, no
restraining orders within the last 10 years.
- Must pass DCS Central Registry check without any disqualifying
- Must have valid Arizona driver's license, be 22 years of age
with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of
Terros Health's driving policy
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply
for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7
working days of assuming role.
- Must pass a TB Test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Terros Health remains open for all our patients' health and
wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our
employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit
our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/