Company: Global Medical Response
Location: Lake Havasu City
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is
at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
*Sign On Bonus and Relocation Opportunity for those who
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and
• Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator,
EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR
and other procedures and medications as required to provide
advanced medical care.
• Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency
• Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety
• Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
• Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction
and to provide critical information.
• Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information
and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
• Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit
management as needed.
• Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize
call response time.
• Continuously maintain all required certifications.
• Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data
and customer feedback.
• Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it
clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image
• Document activities with regard to patient care and billing
completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding
• Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and
• Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when
determining transportation destinations.
• Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no
• Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied
health and public safety personnel.
• Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
• Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street
signs and address numbers.
• Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
• Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in
various environments to interview patient, family members, and
• Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due
to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
• Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
• Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
• Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education
• Current state Paramedic License.
• Possess a valid State Driver's License.
• Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider
Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
• Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving
• Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Lake Havasu City , Ambulance Paramedic, Other , Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!